Skip to Content

Tree Exchange

I was wondering, why not create an "Electronic Tree Exchange" right here on Praja. The aim of this should be simple - exchange trees between people instead of killing them outright.

For example, a mall feels having a fully grown Gulmohar tree is blocking it's access and wants to take it down.

But in another part of a city, a citizen has space for the tree in his/her plot. The mall can post details of the tree and the citizen interested could take it from the mall at the cost of the citizen or any other arrangment between the donor and taker.

The tree exchange can host pictures of the tree and the "ad" could be posted for a month or so.

I do not mind publicising this in various media out of my expenses. Something like http://treex.praja.in could be created.

I am not promoting the company below, but they do a good job of transplanting trees:

http://jeyamlandscape.com/ - they are based in Chennai. 

ssheragu's picture

Tree Exchange

very good suggestion

but is it possible to transplant trees from one place  to another place

if so, is it possible for all trees

but this definitely can be tried

Srinath Heragu

It is possible to shift trees

See the website and the section under "Tree Transplantation"
srinidhi's picture

Trees are wonderful..

but very frankly..I see the transplanting issue as a hyped & costly issue..

Blr has mostly rain trees which grow really fast..remember the purple and plink bloom which were around minsk sq? They are all gone now..more trees will go..looking at the infra plans ..

but not much is lost..if we have the mentality to replace them..we need to plan now to grow trees in nurseries immediately..

They cut 100..we plant 500 should be the attitude!

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum