As per wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_screen_doors#India) , Kochi Metro plans to install Platform Screen Doors on all stations.
1. Is the life of a Bangalorean is less valuable?
2. Is cost a barrier? Why not in Kochi? What % of overall project cost, including escalations would this be?
3. What is the cost of distruption in services? What is the penalty cost to BMRCL (if at all!)?
1. Retro fit existing stations
2. Include in design for all stations under construction
As and when more portions of the Metro get operational, and assuming that there will be higher density of usage, BMRCL owes it to Bangaloreans that there ZERO accidental deaths by people falling off the platform - accidental or otherwise.
Note to Admin: could not find any submission on this topic...if it already exists, please go ahead and remove this posting.