Skip to Content

gas cylinder safety

last month I received a cylinder which looked okay in all respects. After closing down for the day, and opening in the morning, I noticed the smell of leakage. Closer to the cylinder, a low hiss. I rechecked the connection and it was alright. The next morning the story repeated. I asked for a mechanic. No one turned up for three days by which time I got used to the routine of checking the connection every morning till the connection was perfect; the trouble was only in reopening the valve and the rubber o ring was in place intact. Well, I used up the cylinder and forgot the issue. But this time again I have the same problem, less troublesome, easier to set right but very much present. Today I read the news of a cylinder burst, my problem came to mind again. Is this the case of faulty o rings which do not seal properly because cylinders do not burst, leaked gas does. If people are not careful enough while opening or closing, which might happen often, considering the wide usage of cooking gas by all classes of people, these accidents may become routine. My gas cylinder is Indane supplied through the state government outlet in Kammanahalli.
swamy's picture

Where to complain?

Where to complain for this? phone number, website - somebody tell us, we will file complain, it is a safety issue.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum