Skip to Content

Tampered auto rickshaw meters

Living in Madras for many years i was used to the bargaining, quarreling with drivers over the fare, since the concept of meters dont exist there. One just fixes a rate to travel from one place to another. And it used to be a very pleasant experience when i moved to Bangalore 10 years ago. Drivers would agree to travel to any place (atleast 90%), have perfect meters, and even give back change. (i used to be thrilled with that one!) Somehow in the last one year things have changed drastically. Agreed if they dont come to certain non 'sawaari' areas, but the tampered meters are at a ridiculous high. I used to trust the electronic meters, and would wait till i found an auto fitted with one. But the last last few weeks i ve come across so many adjusted electronic meters. When i tell them that their meter is not propper they only hurl absues at me and ask me get down immediately. Bangalore has almost 75,000 auto s and am sure a mojority of them are tampered.I wonder when the RTO and the police will wake up to this kind of atrocities. I would also like to know, how often the RTO checks the meter, and issues them new licences? Is there any place where one can complain about such autos? Increasing the fare every 2 or 3 years is justifiable only when the drivers are honest.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum