Skip to Content

Water Body encroachment opposite to Agara Lake

Hi Everyone,

I am a new entrant to Praja.in. For the last 2-3 years I have been following Silkboard's blogs and now I thought may be I will add my observations. 
I have been seeing this water body opposite to Agara Lake, behind Lemon Grass reasturant, since 2001. It was a big huge area. But in 2003-2004 I started noticing that builders are dumping construction material and wastes there. Dramatically I see now construction activity there. There are site boards there, boundary wall construction there. 
Does anyone know, is it legal or another case of systematic encroachment?we all experience that infrastructure is getting build at the cost of the environment.?  What can we do about it?

Thanks 
Check
psaram42's picture

Who authorizes these Land Fills?

It is perhaps the modus operandi of an encroachment. I have noticed the same as I pass that location periodically while on my way to my sons place. I have mentioned this to many people in Praja. Now you have come up with a post. As a new praja your action is commendable.

May be this post of yours could be promoted to your blog as the first entry.

I have noticed the same in other side of the Bellandur Lake too. See my blog entry on "Bellandur lake photo stream" comment  "pictures taken from Lake Bund road". Pictures 5 and six on land fills may be of interest, which was taken for the purpose of drawing attension of Praja to unauthorised Land Fills.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum