Skip to Content

Plan for ORR and marathalli junction

Hi,

Does anyone know plan on how ORR - Marathalli junction will be made signal free ? I could not find any post in Praja regarding this.

Recently I noticed that ramp from ORR (when you from KR Puram) to Marathalli bridge is being widened to 4 lanes road (two lanes on each direction).

Regards,
Subodh

silkboard's picture

What are the options?

Even if they have a concrete plan for the area, we know BDA's standards on proactive disclosure - we would not know anything, not even the name of the contractor till the actual work begins.

Anyway, I have little idea, but what are the options?

- Make all traffic go to ORR, cut across ORR, and then merge back on to Airport road after the signal. So you make Airport road signal free, but ORR gets two signals

- Same variations of above arrangement plus a "magic box" or small ramps over ORR to avoid new signals on ORR (because you want ORR to be signal free as well)

- Another flyover, ramps over the signal that exists today

What would I do?

- A ramp over the current signal to move just Big 10 buses. I would actually build a big bus stand over the signal.

What may be cooking inside some back-seat driver's (aka ABIDe members) brains?

- Bringing back the elevated road plan from CTTP - en elevated stretch to bypass all of Marathahalli.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum