Skip to Content

Infosys to observe Bus Day tomorrow

IT companies should lead by example

How i wish all IT companies in Bangalore would lead by example to cap and reduce the number of cars their employees bring to their offices everyday! 
s_yajaman's picture

Seems to have been successful

Saw this report on TOI. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Infosys-campus-goes-green-on-Bus-Day/articleshow/4262287.cms

As per TOI, 85 % of the 22000 working at E-City went by bus including senior management.  Not a bad effort at all. 

"The company is also looking into the possibility of making this a monthly feature and if it picks up, a weekly affair. For those who had to come to work in cars, saplings were distributed. They were asked to nurture the sapling and help reduce carbon footprint, she added. "

I also heard from reliable sources that Infy has virtually made the use of the Vayu Vajra service mandatory by reducing the taxi limit for employees flying out of Bangalore.

If each company made this a weekly affair and staggered the Bus-Day, the traffic would certainly improve. 

Murali-sir - you might want to start a E-City charter service! :)

Srivathsa

Drive safe.  It is not just the car maker which can recall its product.

abidpqa's picture

Wrong bus hiring policy

I believe the policy of hiring buses by Infosys is wrong. I agree that this encourages employees  to use buses, but because of their hiring other people dont have enough buses. The drivers are only interested in running for Infosys, and they prolong it as much as possible. The employees can travel in comfort, relative, but the other passengers dont even have place to stand. I hope they request BMTC to make sure others have enough buses find the details and analyse!! I think they better switch to private operators.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum