Skip to Content

Janaagraha's awareness program - why not online?

Yet another email from Janaagraha announcing their Citizen Awareness Program (CAP) set me thinking about them. What if Janaagraha were to convert their CAP from classroom sessions to online webinars? Think an interactive website where citizens learn the art of participation themselves, on their own time, and at their own pace.

Agreed, classroom sessions guarantee a good degree of seriousness. There is nothing to beat the value of face to face and personal interaction. But the reach of Internet is growing every day, and activism has to learn to tap this medium in better ways. Perhaps Janaagraha can think a CAP lite program which would be an online version of the full fledged classroom based CAP.

Now, to walk the talk, I am willing to do the work to develop and have CAP hosted right here on Praja. Copyright Janaagraha, available on Praja, that is if Janaagraha is willing.

Last but not the least, we had proposed this to them sometime back last year. If some ex Janaagraha or interested folks are willing to join hand, we can approach them once again.

PS: The CAP email:

==================================

Dear all,

We are holding a  Citizenship Awareness Programme [CAP] session on the 7th of February 2009 at the Indian Social Institute ( ISI ), Benson Town, Bangalore.

Venue - (Map attached)

Address:
Indian Social Institute,
24, Benson Road, Bangalore - 560 046.
Tel: 2353 6189, 2353 6960, 2353 6364.

Timings- 9.30 a.m to 5.00 p.m ( please make sure you are there on time.)

Lunch and tea will be provided at the venue.

Those who wish to attend/participate in this session, pls register with:

Anjali Vijay Kumar - CAP Associate.
Email:anjali [at] janaagraha.org

====================================

silkboard's picture

Got a call from Janaagraha

Caller displayed interet in pursuing this thought - making their CAP available on the web in event based (webinar) or static (interactive presentation) format. Hope some more Praja members will join in and help if this goes forward.

I am in interested

SB

Looks like nothing much has happend on this.
However if there is some talk about it in the future, I would be very interested in helping out.

sanjayv's picture

Has anybody attended CAP?

How is this programme?  I am looking for some reviews.  There is a programme offering on July 4th.  Text of that invitation included below.

--------------------------

Dear all,

We are holding a  Citizenship Awareness Programme [CAP] session on the 4th of July, 2009 at the Indian Social Institute ( ISI ), Benson Town, Bangalore.

Venue - (Map attached)

Address:
Indian Social Institute,
24, Benson Road, Bangalore - 560 046.
Tel: 2353 6189, 2353 6960, 2353 6364.

Timings- 9.30 a.m to 5.00 p.m ( please make sure you are there on time.)

Lunch and tea will be provided at the venue.

Those who wish to attend/participate in this session, please register with:

Anjali Vijay Kumar - CAP Associate.
Email:
anjali@janaagraha.org

Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
4th Floor,
UNIBuilding
Thimmaiah Road
Vasanth Nagar
Bangalore 560052
Tel: +91 80 41277102/03
Fax: +91 80 41277104
Web:
www.janaagraha.org
sanchitnis's picture

Janaagraha CAP: Any update on online course?

This programme seems to be a regular affair. Next is on 29-August. I will be happy to contribute to converting it to a online course. An easy way is to video record (preferably by a professional) and then integrate the video+ audio part with the presentation material (if any). It can be done in parts - each part no longer than 45 min to 1 hour. Sanjay

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum