Skip to Content

Traffic studies on Pune

Hi- Looking for links to studies done on Pune traffic . Essentially surveys/modelling etc done to arrive at solutions for better traffic management.

[Admin: fixed some tags]

[Moderator: post too short, should allow short questions for "need help". Need help section needs more thinking in general. Can try "ask the experts" like thing, where questions go to a queue]

psaram42's picture

google search with "Pune traffic studies" gives 48900

Hi Sudhir.

I made a google search with "Pune traffic studies" key words. This gave 48900 results.

I am sold to google search. any thing and every thing google gives thousands of results. You can go further by skillfull selection of key words, to refine your search.

PSA
asj's picture

Start with CMP

http://pune.praja.in/discuss/forums/2008/09/comprehensive-mobility-plan-pune-proposed-ilfs (gives links to CMP slide show presented by Commissioner Pardeshi and my critique - still awaiting a reply on same from Authorities).

Try above link, also PMC website has plenty - although they seem to make only one sense out of them and conclude that more road building is a solution.

ASJ

mrmaulik's picture

Traffic studies on Pune

hi

Do you really believe tht such studies will only help you to solve issues?

One consultant made some studies and it had been copied by some other consultant and again copied by third consultant and so on...real studies and availbility of realisitc data is a question! 

My point is not to doubt on studies carriedout by consulting firms but to focus on issue of simply copy and paste! One request to keep open your ideas and views for these issues and dont go only through reports / DPR's.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum