Skip to Content

Will those days ever come back

An old friend from Girgaum (densly populated South Mumbai) found me on the web. I left Girgaum in 1991.

But his e-mail or part of it is worth a ponder - 

yaar atleast we used to play cricket with 2 teams of 5 each if not more... now you get to see een meen & teen children.... more cars/vehicles less of children playing...

Atleast I tell Vamakshi (my daughter - 12 yrs) to go down and play instead of playing computer games or watching TV... if nobody is down there she cycles on her own....

Remember we used to hire cycles from Dubash lane (Rs 2 for 1 hour) on sat and sun evening.... everybody racing and playing...

Dabba Ais Pais, Chor Police, Aba Dubi, Goti, Badminton, Volleyball..... I wonder if we will ever see our kids play the way we did....

I must add, we also played badminton, volleyball, Kabbadi, Langadi and Khoko (and inter-galli cricket matches was common in that part of the world which produce Gavaskar)

ASJ

psaram42's picture

Will Those days ever come back?

We can live only in the present, dreaming about the past and expecting a better future. Best of luck Doc psa

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum