Skip to Content

Parking under Hebbal Flyover

Hi All,

Currently there is no BMTC or VOLVO service operating between Yelahanka towards ORR via Hebbal busstop. The nearest stop is the DAIRY stop(Opp: Esteem Mall) . One has to walk all the way underneath hebbal flyover to reach the stop. Till the OFFICIALS wake up and start bus service here is an opportunity to reduce a good number of vehicles off the ORR

My suggestion is to create Paid parking area underneath the Hebbal fly over  which is currently a wasteland. By creating this there are several advantages.

A) Those commuters staying north of flyover (Kempapura,Amruthahalli ,Sahakar Nagar,Bytarayanapura,Yelahanka,Dodballapur road) can use their two wheelers and four wheelers to commute till hebbal and then use the BMTC Service towards either side of the ORR.

B) The area under neath flyover can be developed by funds generated through this initiative.

I am sure there may be many others who might have suggested the same if so do let me know reactions from the officials.There are many commuters who would be happy to utilise this facility.

Regards

Dinesh
idontspam's picture

Impact of the parking lot

Think about which spot under the flyover you want the parking lot and how it will be accessed from all directions? What will be the capacity of such a parking lot and how many cars are bound to use it? How will creating a destination affect a facility that is expected to move traffic quickly away from the junction. How will the bus stops then be accessed from the parking lot. 

There are multiple issues here, to solve access to a bus stop there is a different approach needed. There will be a Airport Rail Station which will have parking. There was also a TTMC hub planned around there which may solve both parking and bus access issue. Hopefully they have considered all options before putting up their entry and exits for the TTMC

§§§ Tweetenator

Rithesh's picture

Its a good idea, but entry/exits will be a problem

Dinesh, this idea has been floating for a while. There is a lot of vacant land below the flyovers. Much of it belongs to the UAS.

IDS - There is a bus depot very close to the flyover, but i am not sure if it is a TTMC. The depot itself does not have proper entry and exit routes. The depot is located on the Eastern side of the flyover. The buses that have to go towards the Yellahanka and Mekri circle, dangerously travel on the wrong side of the road.

But the idea of developing Hebbal junction into a major traffic exchange node is very good. Remember that Airport Buses provide very good connectivity to almost every corner of the city. With some parking facilities, people from Yellahanka, Vidyranayapura and surrounding regions could drive up to this location and then use the public transport.

I am also wondering why the government has not planted any trees in this large vacant plot. The BMRCL has been shouting that they are not finding any vacant land inside the city to plant trees (to compensate for the trees that they are cutting else where) - some should point this to those blind people!!

idontspam's picture

Interchange greenery

I am also wondering why the government has not planted any trees in this large vacant plot.

Good point. Quite large area also. Should be around 20 acres atleast. If they had planted when construction completed by now we would have had a good urban forest in that wasteland. Maybe the airport express station will come up there. The middle of an interchange loop is an awkward location to put anything except trees and landscape.

Javascript is required to view this map.

I can see the bus stand to the right of the loop, possibly where they wanted to get the TTMC built . Not a good location either for accessibility from all sides.

§§§ Tweetenator

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum