Skip to Content

Google Transit for Bangalore?

Any idea about the plans for Google to include Bangalore in  Google Transit service: http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/transit/text.html  ?

sanjay chitnis
trulysans's picture

Bangalore City Connect talking to Google on Transit for Bangalor

Bangalore City Connect Foundation (BCCF) has engaged with BMTC for quite sometime in studying their present GPS and other information systems. Google Transit is an interesting tool that the agency can use. But many of the Google map features like 'Get Directions' do not work for Indian cities. Perhaps because the base network. with attributes such as length of roads and related information is not created. Its not clear if Transit requires this. Nevertheless a talk with Google is to take place next week. And a cleared picture will emerge. It would be amazing if our city would get this feature!
sanchitnis's picture

Need more details in map for google transit?

If we need more details in google map, we can do so using http://www.google.com/mapmaker .
Anyway I think it has enough information in that already. I will be personally interested if I can contribute in any way with this initiative of BCCF.

trulysans's picture

Transit a schedule/route software app

Google Transit tool, is an off-shoot of the work done by Trimet, Portland. They have done a lot of research on transportation solutions. The tool is really versatile and does more than plot on the map. I would suggest we wait for the outcome of next Tuesday's meeting with Google guys. Will keep Praja in the loop on the developments.
trulysans's picture

Mapping Volunteers for BMTC routes/stops

This comment has been moved here.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum