Skip to Content

Police 100 number of little use?

Cousin S mentioned over the weekend that "Police 100 number is useless, tried to report an incident, but just could not get through. Later searched for a station number and called that one".

He had tried to call 100 from a cellphone (airtel) from somewhere near Koramangala. I tried calling 100 from my phone (airtel again), got the busy tone a few times. Does 100 have enough capacity/lines? And before that, does 100 work from all cellphone networks, I have heard some people say negative.

silkboard's picture

Important utility phone numbers

Forgot to mention, I had put together numbers from newspapers etc in this Gyan Page. These numbers are available all around the place, but somehow, you can't find them right when you need them. Add more if you know and think this is of use, esp if number 100 is not very reliable.

http://praja.in/gyan/bang...

[if you didn't know already, any registered member can edit a Gyan page]

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum