Skip to Content

Private Banks - How safe are our money

I was surprised to see one of my bank account at HDFC bank which was 4,500 two years back has become only  Rs.175 without any transactions. I use Citibank for regular transaction (salary account). Same is with ICICI, which was my salary account bank 2 years back and which has become 100 rupees or so from 14,000. I unfortunately was forced by one of my friend to take ICICI lifetime free credit card which I never used. This credit card is lying idle from 2 years within my wallet all the time, unfortunately the bank is saying there is a transaction of 6,500. They have taken the amount from my ICICI bank account without my permission!!!.

I had opened a bank account in Karnataka Bank 10 years back and there was a balance of mere 150 rupees, which when I recently checked is still there as it is.

I personally felt that because of the corporate companies like that of my current company, previous company who always prefer doing transactions with ICICI, Citibank , HDFC, we loose lot of money without our knowledge if we just miss to keep track. On the other hand, age old banks like Syndicate, Canara even if you keep 100 rupees and come after 10 years, it will be intact. Because of the lack of proper interfacing these banks have, they are loosing customers.

I just recommend all to have only limited amount in the private banks and transfer rest to a Nationalized Bank even with all the interfacing problem and time consumed for our moneyh to be on the safer side.

I am repenting now for not having done and loosing unnecessarily..

By the by, I just wanted to know how to go about with ICICI bank which has billed me which I have not used.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum