Skip to Content

Lessons from the American Melt Down

The Sunday October 5 2008 Hindu magazine carried an article by Shyam P When the bubble burst “ While some blame the greed of Wall Street investment bankers and the dangers of a totally unregulated system for the current financial crisis, what can’t be denied is that lives, and lifestyles, have been suddenly changed across the social spectrum and careers built up over a lifetime have vanished in an instant. Apart from the revised $700 billion bailout plan, can the U.S. government do enough to restore confidence and assuage the trauma? “ I was wondering all these days why the US melt down was triggering melt downs else where too. Probably I got the answer which I was looking for. I thought I should share this with Praja where the techies are in majority (in a lighter vein).
murali772's picture

broader lessons

For broader lessons, as far as India is concerned, click on:

http://bangalore.praja.in/discuss/forums/2008/10/learn-past-mistakes-and-move

Muralidhar Rao

Muralidhar Rao

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum