Skip to Content

Yeddyurappa to handle Bengaluru

It's official now - Shri B S Yeddyurappa will be handling Urban Development and hence is in direct incharge of improving Bengaluru. Shri Suresh Kumar was in line for becoming Minister of Urban Development, but he has been alloted Law and Parliamentary Affairs.

My take on this: having BSY as "CEO of Bengaluru" is indeed a positive development. Shri BSY has indicated that he would be implementing the Kasturirangan Committee report and most importantly, retaining both HAL and BIAL.

http://www.starofmysore.com/main.asp?type=news&item=16929 

narayan82's picture

My top priorities for Bangalore

I would reccomend that we tackle the following proiroties in order: 1. Create a more reliable, accessible and organized Public Transport system for all audiences (Office boy to IT BT crowd). Implement TTMC, BRTS urgently. Ensure Metro is completed on time if not early. 2. Enforce Law and Order. Starting from Petty crimes, to traffic violations to Building Bylaw violations. Increase traffic fines, increase patrolling and setup more camera/automatic fine systems. 3. Complete NICE, including the connecting roads. Start work on PRR. Make the Existing RR Signal Free. 4. Work on connectivity to the Airport. Being a stakeholder in BIAL, please assure people that a solution will be worked out to meet the upcoming traffic projections (need not neccasarily be keeping HAL open) 5. Please start developing other cities in karnataka and thier connectivity to Bangalore, let us start encouraging new companies to setup shop out of Bangalore yet be part of Karnataka. please look at it as a state not a city. I could go on...but these would be my top 5.
Narayan Gopalan
User Interaction Designer
Bangalore
ssheragu's picture

I am fully in agreement with

I am fully in agreement with mcadambi Yediyurappa handling bangalore is avery positive and wlecome sign my only suggestion that each of the priorites should be implemented in the order suggested by mcadambi bearing in mind that - India will be a developed country by 2015 / 2020 - praja members should be consulted in the implementtaion of each of these Srinath Heragu

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum