Skip to Content

BRTS funded in five states

Refer Biz-Standard today: Govt drivesbus corridor concept. No Karnataka there yet. I think we knew most of these cities, but not Vijaywada and Visakhapatnam. Some big amounts for Pune in there.

NEW BUS STOPS

State

City

Amount

Andhra Pradesh

Vijaywada 405
Visakhapatnam 452

Gujarat

Ahmedabad 460
Ahmedabad 405

Madhya Pradesh

Bhopal 237
Indore 95
Pune 101

Maharashtra

Pune 476
Pune 500
Pune 302

Rajasthan

Jaipur 75
Jaipur 144
(Figures in Rs crore)

bangalore-guy's picture

no bangalore but..

I am sad to not find bangalore's name on that list. But I am encouraged by the fact that all these are tier 2 and 3 cities, and this is a good step to take in such cities while the traffic situation is still under control.

I am sure BRTS is the way to go for cities like bangalore aswell and it should come sooner than later. And will encourage people to use public transport. 

Naveen's picture

Rapid Bus - Bangalore Needs It Too

SB - Noted.

The Delhi experiment may have failed, but this cannot be a reason not to test & try it elsewhere as it is the only low-cost option. Rail options are far too expensive, time-consuming & cause too much disruption during construction.

Bangalore needs it urgently as the traffic is now the most chaotic amongst the larger cities. We have to start somewhere to change people's habits & fondness for private vehicle use. The city can no longer go on building more & more flyovers & elevated roads to satisfy the demands from vehicle users.

santsub's picture

BRTS in Karnataka

I was expecting atleast Mysore and or Mangalore to figure in the list from Karnataka - hope they can be added too..

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum