Skip to Content

NICE wins court case (Gottigere)

up
203 users have liked.
Infrastructure

Read this in the Hindu today.

http://www.hindu.com/2009/03/20/stories/2009032060780600.htm

"The peripheral ring road to be built around the lake "

"The Karnataka High Court on Thursday allowed Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) to build a peripheral road, which is part of the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project, around Gottigere lake, off Bannerghatta Road, in Bangalore. "

Looking forward to more twists and turns in this never ending saga. 

Srivathsa

Comments

silkboard's picture

Where is the lake?

up
151 users have liked.

Whenever I am in this area, I always try to find this exact lake? Where is it? Does it still have any water, or dry? Visible from Banerghatta road? Or is the lake inside the nice looking farm house where the NICE Road (from Kanapura Road side) ends?

blrsri's picture

lake is there..

up
153 users have liked.

SB..but it hardly has water..you will hit the lake on your left off bannerghatta road..one needs to pass on the bund for about a km while coming from EC towards Banngerghatta rd

..amidst all this high drama of court cases if either the govt bodies or ESG type orgs had concentrated on rejuvinating the lake it would have been lot better..!

There are so many private farms and other buildings all around the lake..makes me wonder how the catchment system works for this lake!

It has been a pure political fight around this and now Kheny wants to fight DG in the elections..to teach a lesson he says!

rayash's picture

Nice has acquired the plot and demolished our compound wall

up
155 users have liked.

Just near to the gottigere lake, there were few plots owned by some NRI's. NICE without giving any intimation has acquired the land and demolished  the compound wall and shed.

We have paid tax and have all relevant documents to prove. Its shame that we have no control on our own land which we purchased with our hard earned money.

silkboard's picture

Without notice?

up
161 users have liked.

Where exactly are these plots? And you didn't get any notice before they demolished and acquired? They would hand you some companesation, has that been done - or even that has not happened?

Jessica's picture

Frustrating situation

up
146 users have liked.
I too second Rayash's thoughts. Its so frustrating that even in this day  we have no control of our own lands!!!

rayash's picture

There was no notice given to

up
139 users have liked.

There was no notice given to us. Its exactly opposite to T John's College and its all NRI Plots. They have demolished our compound wall without any notification. There was a brick factory, they have brought a bulldoser and demolised at early morning 6 am. There is already a case filed against NICE for this, but  there has been no changes, we couldnt even get a stay order to stop the work. Its dirty politics!!!!

blrsri's picture

NICE working on SC ruling?

up
162 users have liked.

We sympathize for your plight..however adequate steps would have stopped them in their tracks if they were wrong..NRI or a poor brick maker..really doesnt matter! 
Google seems to have marked NICE alignment..think it would not have been too difficult for people on the ground to get the route map for the PRR from NICE..it could have been fought out if it was legit..rather even now its not late if you guys are correct!

With NICE being in a kind of connivance with the present govt...being on guard is very important!

rayash's picture

We have alredy ...

up
164 users have liked.

We have already filed a case, we are almost 40-50 members and this is the second time we have filed the case. First lawyer took money from each member and disappeared. We are now hoping if things will turn out to be positive by compensating us by giving a land, as we cannot get the existing land.Till date, the hearing is still going on and we dont know what would be the result. We dont even now if we will get the actual market value.

n's picture

NICE link road..

up
142 users have liked, including you.

.. operationalized. Tumkur Road, Magadi Road done? Bannerghatta Road and Hosur Road are not done yet. So, looks like link to just Mysore Road, Kanakapura Road.

blrsri's picture

Good for NH4 users..

up
144 users have liked.
ORR  link opening for the NICE PRR is some gud news..

I knew of drivers who were taking the PRR to reach NH4 (tumkur rd) via mysore rd jn..this new link opening  will further cut down that journey time..

Guess its just the Gotigere link which is pending..once done we will have a operational PRR which should be quite useful..atleast for the truck traffic!
blrsri's picture

used the link road yesterday

up
146 users have liked.
Took the NICE PRR from the magadi road jn to the ORR link road..the toll is high 50Rs for a 22KM ride..

The ride was completed in under 20 min and saved atleast 30 min of our time..and this is the important part!

One other thing noticed is that the PRR is very busy already and many ppl are using it and the trucks have become regulars with a seperate lane for them..

Hope Kheny can reduce the toll to less then 2 Rs per KM!

rs's picture

Toll

up
142 users have liked.

If the Toll is Rs 50 for 22km and you saved 30 minutes - then think of the real cost. Oftentimes people dont take in to consideration how much petrol and drain on the car you would save - 22 km is around 2 litres of petrol. I suppose you would have save at least 1/2 a litre by going by the PRR - since your car would run at a constant efficient high speed. That is already 25 rupees. Also, since your car wasnt stuck in traffic the wear and tear on the car was much less. Since you weren't stuck in traffic, the wear and tear on you is much less. Added to this you got half and hour extra of your life back. I suppose this is worth 25 rupees ? 

Ramesh

blrsri's picture

for everday users

up
137 users have liked.
Ramesh:
My cost concern was more for everyday users of the PRR...once in a while users like me would not really mind paying this money..

Maybe they can introduce an EzPass kind of system which will provide faster and cheaper access for everyday users!

s_yajaman's picture

Same logic holds

up
141 users have liked.

Blrsri,

The same logic holds.  If I save 30 minutes and possible 0.5l of petrol but spend Rs.50 on toll then

a. If I implicitly value my time at more than Rs.50/hr I will take the road

b. If I don't I will not take it.

For NICE they need to check the following

a. If by dropping the toll 10% I get more than a 11% gain then it make sense.  If the demand is inelastic because the alternatives are so miserable (which is not really my fault), I will charge as high a toll as possible.

b. By having automated toll collection, I can reduce time spent at the booth --> improve throughput at the booth and therefore allow more cars to use the tollway, I benefit.  I should encourage people to buy cards by offering a discount.

Srivathsa

Drive safe.  It is not just the car maker which can recall its product.

n's picture

NICE and railways

up
148 users have liked.

Looks like the railway tracks are being doubled to drive the final nail in NICE's coffin. India's first road PPP and such a pathetic state of affairs. And, the minister for Road Tranport wants foreign/private investment for building NHs :-\

s_yajaman's picture

Rail doubling needed

up
155 users have liked.

n - railway line doubling is long overdue.  Bangalore Mysore line is an important one and cannot be left as a single line.  I would not see this as a move to undermine NICE.  Trains should really be taking less than 2 hrs to reach Mysore. 

Srivathsa

Drive safe.  It is not just the car maker which can recall its product.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | blog