Skip to Content

Huge rally - no jams. When was the last time THAT happened!

We spend a lot of words pointing out what's not working. I thought I'll mention something that the authorities got right this time. There was a huge anti-terrorism rally on a workday bang in the centre of the city and the traffic was still flowing pretty freely. For what it's worth I wanted to hail the folks who planned and managed this event. Kudos to Mr. Praveen Sood and Mr. Shankar Bidari I guess!

Luck by chance

Although the police made some good arrangements, they were lucky by chance. This is because:

1.) The JD(S) rally took place on a Monday and that too peaked during peak traffic hours - Monday evening

2.) The recent Anti-Terror rally held on Saturday was lucky because it started early in the day and there was not much traffic on a saturday as usual. Students attended only in Buses, which reduced the need for private matador truck which hauled in JD (S) workers from everywhere.

Nevertheless, there was a credible traffic arrangement by the Police. I just hope they learn from this and effectively manage traffic for the rest fo the city. 
s_yajaman's picture

Need some luck as well

Let's give them credit when due.  If indeed traffic went smoothly and was well managed then hats off to all involved.  So it goes to show that "where there is a will there is a way".  You need some luck as well.  Imagine if a couple of vehicles had had a breakdown, we would still be blaming them for the mess.

Let's hope they can crack the whip area by area starting with the CBD. 

Srivathsa

Drive safe.  It is not just the car maker which can recall its product.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum