Skip to Content

Indian Railways Invites Suggestions From The Public.

up
250 users have liked.
Public Transport

Dear All,

This is to inform you that the Indian Railways has set up a Multi-departmental Innovation Promotion Group as per the budget announcement of the Railway Minister and has sought innovative suggestions from the general public, educational institutions, citizens, and the industry which may help in:

1. Improvement in system efficiency and productivity of resources.
  2. Introduction of modern systems and technologies.
  3. Achieving better customer satisfaction through value addition to customer services.
  4. Improvement in safety, reliability and reduction in maintenance costs.
  5. Enhancement of throughput capacity of the existing systems.

Address for communication:

Director,
Efficiency & Research / ME and Member Secretary,
IPG, Ministry of Railways,
Room No. 509, Rail Bhawan,
Raisina Road, New Delhi - 110001.
E-Mail - ipg@rb.railnet.gov.in

I feel that Praja members should send in their suggestions on the five issues that have been mentioned above. Whether it gets accepted or not is another matter. We should try. Why don't we start off in this thread itself? Please write your suggestions here.

Comments

murali772's picture

good to know that

up
177 users have liked.

Thanks Gautam. Just yesterday I had made a posting stating that Railways could afford to be a little more customer oriented, and the very next day, this happens - talk of coincidences. For whatever, it's worth, I am taking this seriously, and sending out my gyaan - will post it here also.

I expect our Mangalore friends are joining in too.

Muralidhar Rao

Muralidhar Rao
Gautamrao's picture

A small suggestion

up
167 users have liked.

Dear sir,

Thanks for your response. It is my view that before each one of us sends individually, we should discuss it here and then, when we get a clearer picture, we can send individually or from Praja's side. We may even get better ideas or improve upon our existing by discussing here. What do you say?

Gautamrao's picture

Some of my suggestions.

up
188 users have liked.

Let me give some suggestions here:

1. Improvement in system efficiency and productivity of resources.

The Railways has hundreds of acres of unutilized or under-utilized land in vaious cities. For example, in Bangalore, around the city railway station, there is unutilized land. This piece of land can be used to build 3-star hotels or people. Apart from that, other passenger facilities can be provided and a portion of the land can be used to build Malls and multiplexes so that it can generate revenue for the Railways.

Existing railway tracks/ lines within city limits of Bangalore - from Kengeri and Bidadi to K.R. Puram and Whitefield and from Bellary Road and Yeshwantpur to Bangalore city should be utilized for local trains as in Mumbai and Chennai. If this is not viable, an elevated railway system like in Chennai should be built on top of the existing railway network for local commuting so that no land acquisitions would be needed and hence there wouldn't be any litigations. This would ensure speedy implementation of the project. Further, existing railway stations could be utilized [With modifications] for local trains and no new expensive infrastructure need to be built for the purpose. It also gets fully integrated with inter-city railway network since it is built right on top of this network. The railways gets additional revenue and the traffic gets eased out in the city of Bangalore to a great extent. Also, metro railway system as in Delhi or any other railway system can be considered while building atop the existing railway network.

2. Introduction of modern systems and technologies

First of all, the trains need to be re-designed. They need to be made aerodynamic so that minimum energy is needed to pull a train. The engine in particular need to be made so. Bogies need to be lighter and this should be done after a thorough examination of engineering aspects. The railways needs to do away with introducing another sleeper on the side in 2nd class compartments as this would make rail journeys uncomfortable as a result of congestion and movement of people within a compartment would be difficult. Toilets would not be enough to cater to these extra passengers. These aspects would put-off a regular passenger who has other options like buses in a competitive market. Another very important aspect is the fact that the existing toilet system is outdated and was designed in the British era when land was in plenty, population was less and human excreta being thrown around along railway tracks was not as serious a concern as it is today. With growing population, more trains and railway stations, dirty trains and stations are a serious health hazard and stinking trains are a cause of revenue loss to the Railways. The railways should immediately replace the existing outdated toilet system with state-of-the-art automatic flush system and most importantly, ensure that nothing falls down to the ground from these toilets.

3. Achieving better customer satisfaction through value addition to customer services.

The railways need to be commended for introducing the concept of upgradation in trains. However, there are several instances wherein upgradation is not done and several 1st class and 2nd class coaches are seen plying empty. This needs to be immediately checked and it must be ensured that upgradation is done in all circumstances and more passengers are thus accomodated in the trains. This would generate more revenue and would also be appreciated by passengers who get upgraded without having to pay extra.

The "Shub Yatra" scheme as introduced by IRCTC needs to be replicated by the Indian Railways and this also needs to be extended to Non-A/C passengers apart from the existing A/C passnegers. Regular train commuters can opt for this and this should entitle a plethora of benefits like free accident insurance cover, disability cover and free tickets. Also, free dining tickets for two can be a part of the list of freebies for patronage.

4. Improvement in safety, reliability and reduction in maintenance costs.

The Indian Railway network consists of very old bridges all over the country. Such bridges need to be immediately demolished and new bridges need to be constructed. If one takes into account the cost of an accident, both in terms of invaluable human lives and the cost of repairs to the railways, the cost of re-construction of railway bridges is too less a price to pay. Further, all railway tracks across cities and towns should be fenced with barged wire or some other material so that humans or animals don't stray onto them. Also, all unmanned level crossing should be converted to automatic level crossings, and such crossing should be fitted with cameras so that the Station Masters can take a look before closing the gates from his room in the station. All level-crossings, Manned as well-as Unmanned should be immediately fitted with hi-tech signalling system with voice activation and camaras along with remote control. All gates should be fit tight so that no gaps exist for people to cross over when closed through such gaps. Those who cross over during red signals at railway crossings should be punished severely with cognisable cases and non-compoundable cases against them. Owners of animals - dogs, sheep, cattle etc. who allow them to stray around railway tracks should be penalised and jailed.

All trains need to be installed with GPS and actual tracking of trains should be made possible  even through a mobile phone and a call center.

Maintaince costs can be reduced by re-designing and re-modelling of trains, making them lighter and aerodynamic [Especially, the Engine].

5. Enhancement of throughput capacity of the existing systems.

As mentioned above, existing railway network needs to be fully utimized in cities for local train service either on the existing system itself or by building right above the existing railway lines an elevated railway corridor that takes care of and caters to local commuting. This will need the least investment since there are no land acquisitions, and no wastage of time since there are no court cases. Existing infrastructure, after re-designing, can be used for this. No new infrastructure needs to be created for this.

Similarly, railway land should be utilized for passenger comfort and amenities and shopping Malls can be constructed for generation of revenue.

murali772's picture

my suggestions

up
158 users have liked.

Gautum

I am not sure I can agree with your suggestion for building shopping malls in the vacant lands lying with the railways. Stations are cluttered already. Do we want to clutter them more? And, don't we have enough malls already? And, as for revenues, I don't think Railways have a serious problem there to want to accord that criterion a priority.

I am also not too sure about the technical feasibility of multi-tier rail lines. I am ready to be corrected by better examples than in Chennai.

Apart from all that, my suggestions are as below:

1) Even as there exists fairly good rail services between Bangalore and Chennai, and even Chennai and Thiruvananthapuram, those between Bangalore and Thiruvananthapuram, and Bangalore and Hyderabad, the other neighbouring state capitals, is woefully inadequate. The situation has become quite acute of recent with the tremendous increase in the overall cost of air travel.

The only daily train linking Bangalore with Tiruvananthapuram, the 6526 Bangalore-Kanyakumari Express, takes a whole of 18 hrs to cover the distance of 803 km, averaging a speed of 44.61 kmph. This would easily make it eligible for an entry in the 'Guiness' records as the slowest express train in the world. On a comparison, the Shatabdi express between Bangalore and Chennai averages 72 kmph, and even the Brindavan express, with 7 stops, averages a creditable 63 kmph. At the Brindavan Express speed, the Bangalore - Thiruvananthapuram journey can be completed in less than 13 hrs.

Considering the number of daily overnight private buses plying between Bangalore and various parts of Kerala, all of which invariably go full, there is more than adequate scope for atleast one overnight superfast daily service between Bangalore and Thiruvananthapuram, completing the journey in less than 13 hrs, and that is what the present demand is for.

The situation is not too different in the case of the Hyderabad linkage either. These need to be remedied forthwith.

Similar is the case with the Mangalore and Panaji/ Vasco linkages. These also have tremendous revenue potential just waiting to be exploited.

2) Waste bin facilities in compartments in general are woefully inadequate leading to passengers throwing litter out of the windows. As a result, the entire countryside, all along the tracks, is presently a very sorry sight. This needs to be corrected on a war footing.

3) Maintenance of toilets needs more attention, with particular stress on hygeine.

4) There are any number of slow passenger trains which have no justification for their continuance. Even in the first place, they were introduced only due to some political consideration or the other. Apart from being a drain on the economy, they further cause to clutter up line and platform capacities in busy junctions, particularly during peak hours. They need to be discontinued.

5) World-class pay toilet facilities need to be provided in stations, particularly the key junctions handling a lot of transit passengers. These key junctions should also have moderately priced, but well maintained rest-rooms.

6) Transport of bulk goods like iron ore, coal, petroleum products, etc by road causes their rapid deterioration, apart from choking up their capacity. These goods are best transported by rail. Railways should gear themselves to handle this entire traffic.

Muralidhar Rao
Muralidhar Rao
Vasanth's picture

Improvement of Ticketing ,Suburban Services and Electrification

up
191 users have liked.

I have plenty, this came to my mind just now:

1. Online ticketing (just like reservation) to avoid the long queues in the railway stations.

2. Improvement of Cleanliness in the Stations with eco friendly toilets in Trains.

3. Development of small stations in Metros like Nayandahalli in Bangalore.

4. Electrification of Majority of lines due to increase in diesel costs to keep the costs down.

5. Introduction of more Garib Rath and Jan Shatabdis (compared to Shatabdis, this will be affordable by all) to pull back people from Expensive Volvos and Cars (Main requirement since lots of young folks are loosing life due to highway josh).

6. Start suburban services on the existing tracks in Metros like Bangalore which is struggling to move its people on its roads and waiting from long for its Metro.

7. Seat allotment for ticket purchase passengers. (Pass and Season Ticket holders should be given limited number of compartments). These season ticket holders and pass holders come early and occupy almost all the seats for their friends. Ticket purchasing passenger has to stand in long queues and by the time he comes in the train, all the seats will be occupied by pass and season ticket holders (pass and season tickets are the weakest revenue earning source for railways). He won't get the seat. There should be few compartments meant specifically for ticket buying passengers with preferrably seat number printed on the tickets like theatres.

narayan82's picture

don't know where to start!

up
167 users have liked.
Well, here is my list. 1. Improve stations.They are currently a SHAME! Blr central station should looks more like BIAL! They have to be cleaner, more courteus (the staff), more functional and more organized (Parking...busses etc) 2. Have high frequency on key routes such as Chennai, Mysore and Hubli. Hence making train a better option that plane or bus. Do away with the present case where travel needs to be booked a week in advance. Maybe have dedicated coaches for last day booking. 3. Trains itself need to be completely re-designed. Get some Japanese, Chinese or European input here (IR has the money to do so) to make trains more ergonomic, comfortable an efficient. Do away with this "open door" theory which to me seems very unsafe. PA systems could be added....list can go on... The baseline theory which I feel strongly about is that - IR is not plying to its full potential. It is restricting itself from what seems to be a golden oppurtunity to make a profit and a different to people. This could be lobbying,apathy, politics or anything esle, but until this is over come delevelopment is going take back seat!
Narayan Gopalan
User Interaction Designer
Bangalore
Gautamrao's picture

Dear Mr. Muralidhar

up
173 users have liked.

Dear Mr. Muralidhar Rao,

Thanks for your reply. I was out of town and hence could not reply earlier. You are right when you say that there are already many Malls and stations are already cluttered. But since the question was "Improvement in system efficiency and productivity of resources", I thought of that. Do you have any other suggestion with regard to improvement in system efficiency and productivity of resources? An idea that brings in more resources and efficiency and yet does not cause congestion would be wonderful.

With regard to multi-tier railway system, it is definately possible because many countries have it and technology has improved so much that a railway line exists below the sea between France and U.K. Why can't a multi-level railway line be built?

Further with regard to point No. 1, the railways are bound to express their inability to introduce trains between Kerala, Goa, Hyderabad and Bangalore stating that the tracks are few. Do you have any suggestion with regard to this?

About Point No. 4, are you sure about what you are saying? I thought passenger trains [Except between some stations] are always full.

With regard to point No.5, toilets should consist of automatic flushing system both in the trains and in the stations so that nobody needs to operate the flush and the toilets are also kept clean.

With regard to point No.6, again the issue of availability of tracks comes into the focus. But, I also would suggest the railways to introduce the Ro-Ro scheme as in Konkan Railway where trucks are loaded/ driven onto empty bogies along with the truck attendents/ Drivers and then when the train reaches its destination, the trucks are driven off the bogies. It gets railways their share of revenue, fossil fuel is saved, pollution is less, accidents are less and the truck crew gets rest and are more efficient.

More comments awaited.

Gautamrao's picture

Dear Vasanth, Let me reply

up
161 users have liked.

Dear Vasanth,

Let me reply to your response:

1. By online ticketing, do you mean to say the unreserved tickets that are sold at the counters?

3. What exactly do you mean by developing small stations like Nayandahalli and how does that actually help in getting more revenue? Same time, how does the public benefit?

6. With regard to starting suburban services on existing tracks in Bangalore, the tracks are already over-crowded and so are the stations. It is because of this reason that Yeshwantpur was converted into a major station. Now, they also want to consider Cantonment for the same. The only way is to introduce multi-level railway line system above the existing tracks and railway route so that suburban trains can be introduced on top of the existing moffusil lines.

More response from your side and from others. Thank you.

Gautamrao's picture

Thanks for your response Mr.

up
157 users have liked.

Thanks for your response Mr. Narayan.

1. With reference to point No.1, the biggest problem with Bangalore City station in particular is the stink. Especially, in the mornings. There are just two cross-overs - 1. The over bridge and the other, the under-bridge. People can be spotted crossing the tracks wherever the height of the platforms is less. Trains keep moving, engines keep shunting etc. and this is a very dangerous situation. The railways need to block all such paths where people are able to cross-over. Same time, they should build escalators and more bridges for pedestrians to cross over. An accidents is waiting to happen. Moreover, as you rightly pointed out, a bus bay needs to be constructed at all major junctions from where city buses can ply. It should be similar to Volvos plying from BIAL.

2. With regard to high-frequency of trains, again the issue of availability of tracks come into the picture. Chennai-Bangalore is already crowded. More tracks need to be laid.

narayan82's picture

Contd...

up
169 users have liked.
Mr Gautam, your points are very Valid. My biggest issue with IR is thier apathy and lack of pro activeness. There is such a large oppurtunity here staring at them to make a brilliant working industry (railways.) Today's paper for e.g had an article which mentioned railway fares to mysore at Rs.22 compared to Rs.79 of KSRTC Sarige.If they were to improve the service and the even hike the fare a bit, who is there to compete? Similar situation between BLR and MAS(Chennai)- Shatabdi Ticket Rs.500 - which airline is going to compete with the 5 hour journey? With some futuristic thinking, IR should by now have doubled the track to Chennai/Mysore and also upgraded the speed of it. Trains should travel at 180-200 kmph. We should have had hourly trains to chennai by now. W.r.t City station - its a joke! I mean they have so much money (through PPP and advertising) to make this a truly world class station. I would imagine the entire station to be elevated (on floor 1) and Ground floor would where you "check-in" and travel to your respective platform. I have seen such working stations at Cologne (germany) and Brussels (Belgium.) I dont see why we cannot build a station like that here. Considering IR is one of the most profitable rail companys in the world! I would like IR to work alongside air travel and bus travel. They need not compete but could co-operate. As mentioned earlier, IR could have extended a railway line to BIAL and even formed a station at BIAL. Maybe the Shatabdis from Chennai,Mysore and even Hubli stopped at BIAL. Thus, creating a link between Rail and Air which could together provide a simple short journey. But now Air and Train are competing for a journey like Chennai which can be dominated by rail. Lastly, I really look forward to IR spreaidng out its staions in Bangalore and openening Byappanhalli soon. This would reduce the load on Central Station and Cantt. Hence making them slightly more bearable.
Narayan Gopalan
User Interaction Designer
Bangalore
Vasanth's picture

Reply from Vasanth

up
164 users have liked.

1. Yes, online unreserved ticket. Recently, I wanted to travel to Mysore in Tippu Express. I stood at queue at 1:20 PM for a train which leaves at 2:15 PM. By the time I reached the counter in the queue, it was 2:20 PM and missed the train. It was so annoying not to get train after standing for 1 hour in ticket queue whereas in a bus conductor issues a ticket in your seat. If online ticketing system would have been available, this could have been avoided.

2. Small stations in the vicinity of Bangalore do not have approach roads. After getting down the train we have to walk down through slums. Those who live in the southern portion of Bangalore are benefitted if Nayandahalli station is improved with access road, prepaid auto counter and city bus facilities. Also express trains do not stop at Nayandahalli. One has to travel till Majestic and come back all the way. There are many such stations which are underutillized.

Also these can be used for suburban railways.

3. Regarding Suburban railways, I feel that the tracks are underutilized. I live close to Mysore track and my previous company was next to the Chennai Track (close to Cantonment railway station).

Say for example, all the trains on the Mysore track goes towards in the Mysore till 7:30 AM. After 7:30 AM next train going towards Mysore comes at 10:20 AM only. Towards Bangalore, first train from Mysore comes at 6:45 AM (Push PUll). Next train comes only at 9:00 AM. after that there is another train at 9:40 AM. Again, after this next train comes at around 12:00 PM. This is a double track route and highly underutilized. Can't it be used to serve the struggling Bangaloreans to commute?.

Gautamrao's picture

Dear narayan, I don't expect

up
168 users have liked.

Dear narayan,

I don't expect the Indian railway staff to improve their work ethics or become pro-active simply because they are a monopoly and a public sector. The only way is to allow competition in railways and/ or issue shares in the stock market with substantial percentage for the railway employees themselves. That may add as an incentive for them to work better.

Regarding railway line to BIAL, your proposal is excellent! Look, the Hyderabad railway line passes somewhere near the UAS and comes quite close to the BIAL. We guys should get all the details of that, the distance between the existing railway line to BIAL, the number of trains that pass on that route everyday, the time it takes from city to the nearest railway line to BIAL, the time each train takes on average along the said railway line etc. Once we get all the information, we should start lobbying along with CAF and other groups to get the government of India and the state government to act on it. Don't expect the railways to be pro-active. They are govt. employees. Infact, one argument that they have against introducing local trains along existing tracks is that the tracks are very few and congested.

Gautamrao's picture

Dear Vasanth, Good points.

up
159 users have liked.

Dear Vasanth,

Good points. Indeed, I would have been frustrated waiting for a ticket in that long queue. Online ticketing is a very good option. How about having people in the form of Conductors in each bogie to issue tickets?

I agree with you fully about small stations.

With regard to suburban trains being introduced on the existing tracks, we need to file RTIs and get more information about the number of trains that travel along those routes, the time each train takes to traverse and the distance. We should not forget goods trains. We should also get information about regular checks that Pointsmen do to maintain tracks and to ensure that fishplates and bolts are intact. We should know their working time and procedure. If all this is fine, we can start lobbying.

silkboard's picture

group for CRS

up
160 users have liked.

Beyond mailing in suggestions, Shall we do something more direct for CRS. Gautam - as you suggested, it should start with some RTIs to get the status on usage of SWR tracks, station and land assets. Next, we need to ask GoK on what it plans to do with the CRS proposals in Masterplan-2015 which are split over two phases, total work estimated to be worth Rs 650 crores. Answer o these may lead to what we need to do next.

We would need a minimum 4-5 commuter rail enthusiasts to get started with above.

Vasanth, Gautam, Narayan, Murali - game?

Gautam, was not tracking this thread as Indian Railways sounded more generic than SWR. Or else I would have posted things (this one) on CRS here itself. sorry.

Gautamrao's picture

Thanks for your suggestions

up
162 users have liked.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. More guys are needed here. Please try and inform the regular bloggers on other threads such as Mangalore Trains etc. I guess they have missed this.

Yes, we cannot simply sit quiet. So, we do both. The Railways have in any case called for suggestions and we give them that. Same time, we should file RTIs to find out what they propose to do with those suggestions. We should ask for intricate details about what they propose to do, who handles it, how it is handled etc.

Next, as you rightly pointed out, we should file an RTI asking for details about CRS. Frankly, I don't know what exactly is CRS and the recommendation. So, we need to first undertand the recommendation.

I am for it. Please get more people. We need to do both things.

Gautamrao's picture

Need Information About CRS Proposals in Master Plan 2015

up
172 users have liked.

Dear Silk Board and others,

I wasn't aware of the CRS concept or proposal. I came across something similar in the CTTP which was done by RITES Ltd.

Can somebody clarify this? Where can get details about CRS and whether it is a part of the CTTP designed by RITES?

silkboard's picture

Right here Gautam

up
162 users have liked.

We had posted a lot of stuff from CTTP here on Praja.

See http://praja.in/7-5-commu...

And then, see http://praja.in/tags/CRS for all posts flagged CRS, there may be more info in them. You may have to do some filtering as sometimes members may have flagged a post CRS without real relevance.

kumar's picture

There is no railway root between Eluru and Kaikalur

up
160 users have liked.
sir,
  I want to bring to your kind notice that there is no railway root between Eluru with station code "EE" and Kaikolur with station code "KKLR".

ABOUT STATIONS:

Eluru which is a part of south central railway located in West godavari district of Andhra pradesh. It has a rich population of nearly 3,00,000 lakhs.  
  And it is situated between the main railway root of "chennai and "Kolkatta" as well as "Vijayawada and Vishakapatnam".  
  Kaikolur is also a part of south central railway located in Krishna district of Andhra pradesh. And it is situated between the sub-railway root of  
  "Vijayawada and Vishakapatnam" via Gudivada JN, Kaikolur, Bhimavaram Town and Nidadavolu JN. The only distance of Kaikolur from Eluru is just 22  
  kilometers.  

ADVANTAGES:  

If there is a railway root between Eluru and Kaikolur then the people of Eluru city and the surrounding areas can easily travel from here to the  
  following places  
  Bhimavaram JN, via Kaikolur.  
  Narasapur, via Kaikolur, Bhimavaram JN.  
  Gudivada JN, via Kaikolur.  
  Machilipatnam, via Kaikolur, Gudivada JN.  

As we seen in the above conditions to travel from Eluru to the four places the only way is from Kaikolur and through Kaikolur. So,The citizens of  
  respective towns from Eluru,Kaikolur,Gudivada,Machilipatnam,Bhimavaram,Narasapur need a "Railway Root" from "Eluru" to "Kaikolur" so that they can  
  travel from  
  Eluru To Kaikolur,  

Kaikolur To Eluru,  

Eluru To Gudivada JN, via Kaikolur.  

Gudivada JN To Eluru, via Kaikolur.  

Eluru To Machilipatnam, via Kaikolur, Gudivada JN.  

Machilipatnam To Eluru, via Gudivada JN, Kaikolur.  

Eluru To Bhimavaram JN, via Kaikolur.  

Bhimavaram JN To Eluru, via Kaikolur.  

Eluru To Narasapur, via Kaikolur, Bhimavaram JN.  

Narasapur To Eluru via Bhimavaram JN, Kaikolur.  

such that they can increase communication through railways.  

REQUEST:  
  This is our humble request of the people of West godavari and Krishna districts to lay a railway line towards Kaikolur a smallest distance of just  
  22 kilometers from Eluru.We think this request is passed to the higher authorities and satisfies our suggestions and needs by making 'Eluru' as "Eulru JN" and
  'Kaikolur' as "Kaikolur JN".  

kumar's picture

there is no railway root between Eluru and Kaikalur

up
170 users have liked.
sir,
  I want to bring to your kind notice that there is no railway root between Eluru with station code "EE" and Kaikolur with station code "KKLR".

ABOUT STATIONS:

Eluru which is a part of south central railway located in West godavari district of Andhra pradesh. It has a rich population of nearly 3,00,000 lakhs.  
  And it is situated between the main railway root of "chennai and "Kolkatta" as well as "Vijayawada and Vishakapatnam".  
  Kaikolur is also a part of south central railway located in Krishna district of Andhra pradesh. And it is situated between the sub-railway root of  
  "Vijayawada and Vishakapatnam" via Gudivada JN, Kaikolur, Bhimavaram Town and Nidadavolu JN. The only distance of Kaikolur from Eluru is just 22  
  kilometers.  

ADVANTAGES:  

If there is a railway root between Eluru and Kaikolur then the people of Eluru city and the surrounding areas can easily travel from here to the  
  following places  
  Bhimavaram JN, via Kaikolur.  
  Narasapur, via Kaikolur, Bhimavaram JN.  
  Gudivada JN, via Kaikolur.  
  Machilipatnam, via Kaikolur, Gudivada JN.  

As we seen in the above conditions to travel from Eluru to the four places the only way is from Kaikolur and through Kaikolur. So,The citizens of  
  respective towns from Eluru,Kaikolur,Gudivada,Machilipatnam,Bhimavaram,Narasapur need a "Railway Root" from "Eluru" to "Kaikolur" so that they can  
  travel from  
  Eluru To Kaikolur,  

Kaikolur To Eluru,  

Eluru To Gudivada JN, via Kaikolur.  

Gudivada JN To Eluru, via Kaikolur.  

Eluru To Machilipatnam, via Kaikolur, Gudivada JN.  

Machilipatnam To Eluru, via Gudivada JN, Kaikolur.  

Eluru To Bhimavaram JN, via Kaikolur.  

Bhimavaram JN To Eluru, via Kaikolur.  

Eluru To Narasapur, via Kaikolur, Bhimavaram JN.  

Narasapur To Eluru via Bhimavaram JN, Kaikolur.  

such that they can increase communication through railways.  

REQUEST:  
  This is our humble request of the people of West godavari and Krishna districts to lay a railway line towards Kaikolur a smallest distance of just  
  22 kilometers from Eluru.We think this request is passed to the higher authorities and satisfies our suggestions and needs by making 'Eluru' as "Eulru JN" and
  'Kaikolur' as "Kaikolur JN".  

Vasanthkumar Mysoremath's picture

Post on 22 Aug.08 suggestion coming in- June 2009?

up
169 users have liked.

Is the Railway Book for suggestions still open - What happened to previous suggestions ?  Have they been compiled and sent as a compendium or were they sent individually?  Questions need to be answered since many new entrants may have some suggestions to make.

- Vasanth Mysoremath

muzzammil74's picture

Passenger Train to cstm from sc

up
197 users have liked.

I, Muzzammil Ali khan a railway commuter, an Indian, who loves indian railways very much, an IRFCA member. Wants to make a suggestion to the Indian railways.

Indian Railways runs four direct daily express train to Mumbai from Hyderabad/Secunderabad.

• (17032)Mumbai express
  • (12702) Hussain Saagar express
  • (11020) konark express
  •  (17058)Devgiri express.

If Indian railways makes some minor modification to the present system one more train  four days a week or daily PASSENGER TRAIN TO MUMBAI ( Link )  can be added among four express trains from Hyderabad/Secunderabad.

PRESENT SYSTEM

57660     FM-GR pass. reaches GR at 12.40

57628    GR-SUR pass. Dep. GR at 16.10 (after a halt of 3hrs 30mts at GR from 12.40 to 16.10) and arr. SUR at 19.35 

51030   BJP-CSTM Fast pass. arr. SUR at 17.40 and dep. at 17.50

MANDATORY MODIFICATION

The halt of 3hrs. 30 mts. Of 57628 should be shortened to 1hrs. 20mts. So that it can Dep. GR at 14.00 instead of 16.10 and arr. SUR at 17.25 instead of 19.35.

Then the train no57628 is automatically linked to 51030  BJP-CSTM fast pass.

In the return direction the train 51029 CSTM-BJP fast pass.  arr. SUR at 09.20 and 50129 SUR-FM pass. Dep.10.15 the difference between the two trains is of one hour. So it can be easily linked

OPTIONAL MODIFICATION

One Sleeper one General or two Sleeper two General coaches added to 57660 from Falaknuma.  Naming (Falaknuma-Mumbai CST link) these coaches can be transfer to 51030 at SUR. Or vice versa

The frequency of 51030 BJP-CSTM should be increase from four days to daily.  So the FM-CSTM link fast passenger can become a daily train instead of four days a week.

Gradually increase the no. of coaches according to volume of passengers using this new service.

ON THE SAME LINE I REQUEST THE OFFICIALS TO CONDUCT FEASIBILITY STUDY TO CONNECT OTHER CAPITALS LIKE CHENNAI, TRIVANDRUM AND BANGALORE WITH THE PASSENGER TRAIN

vijay kumar d garhwal's picture

for new train

up
151 users have liked.

Respected minister,

1.Pls start one train from mumbai to hissar(HARYANA) via ahmedabad,jaipur,rewari,bhiwani otherwise extend the route of mumbai jaipur upto hissar for this 50% rajasthan pass. & 50% haryana pass. are covered.this station is near historic place (AGROHA) agarwal samaj of india.

2.Pls joint A/C coches in Firozpur janta exp. and make it superfast instead of passenger.

we will be very thankful to you for this

All pass. of this route will be very happy if you will do the needful

Regard,s

VIJAY D GARHWAL

N K Achary's picture

To serve tea without sugar for passengers

up
158 users have liked.

A large number of passengers are sugar patients.  They require tee/coffee without sugar, which is not served in the trains.  Where ever the provision of patries are there in the trains, my suggestion is to provide tea/coffe without sugar.

vijay kumar d garhwal's picture

new train

up
162 users have liked.

1 If possible mumbai jaipur superfast extended to hissar

2 pls make superfast  firozpur janta exp(19023/19024) instead of exp.

debesh's picture

Fixing a water outlet JET on commode for easy washing in train t

up
170 users have liked.
Dear Sir /Madam

I experienced several times the diffculties faced inside the small
toilet space for washing & put forth my suggestions for your kind
considerations.

CAN A WATER OUTLET JET BE FIXED TO THE COMMODE IN TOILETS OF TRAINs
.This JET will be fixed on top back of the commode & water will come
out with a force once the tap key will be turned on.

THE FACILITY WILL BE MORE CONVENIENT TO WASH WHILE SITTING ON COMMODE.
IT WILL BE A GREAT HELP TO THE OLDAGE PASSENGERS AS WELL AS OTHERS .

ON THE OTHER HAND WATER WASTAGE WILL BE VERY LESS & THERE IS NO NEED
OF MUGS BUCKETS IN A SMALL SPACE.No one has to bend low & fill up the
mug for washing.

KINDLY CONSIDER THE SUGGESTION & arrange to fix the JET so as to make the
washing convenient for passengers.

Thanks & regards

Debesh

Sir /Madam

Basing on my personal experience, I suggest one one facility for the toilet in Trains.

The requirement of  A JET in the commode so that it will be easier for all for washing & water wastage will b

ramesh rayapureddi's picture

There is no train from Machilipatna to Chennai

up
172 users have liked, including you.

Now there is no train from machilipatnam to chennai.

It would be good Indian railways can do any of the following

1. Add new train from machilipatnam to chennai

2. Add a connecting train from machilipatna for joining to Circar experess at Gudivada.

khitin123's picture

Toilets in platform

up
164 users have liked.

Dear sir,

The toilet is a basic requirment for asthatic and hygenic society. In Tinsukia Jn.  station there is no toilet in platform and people have to do toilet in the wall of station that to openly. Can you make a toilet in the station platform. Do not make paid toilet. People will do the same thing then.

Dr. K. Chakravorty

sandhya89's picture

physically challenged people problems...

up
165 users have liked.

hello sir,

problem1) problem for the physically challenged starts from reservation there is possibility for everyone to book online but            

there is no way for physically challenged... who really needs it... 

solution:   while giving concession forms itself there should be unique number on the form by using that they can resrerve    

the tickets online... database updations and modifications are required...

problem2) unreserved compartment for physically challenged is seperately kept it is appreciable step... but the

compartments will be at ends ...if they are at ends also it wont be any problem... but some times it is in front end

and some times in last end there is no correct information know by the people there it can be known only after train  

comes... then it will be less time for them to move from front to back r viceversa.

problem3) getting down from the train its really a big problem there is lots of distance between train and plat form...

either platforms r modified r a grolled slope kind of arrangement should be made to train for PC

COMPARTMENT

kumar.vaikom@gmail.com's picture

Feed-back to Indian Railway Service !

up
181 users have liked.

I wish to post my 3 suggestion to Indian Railway Service :

1) Cancellation rule: Many times, I see passengers are making duplicate bookings for their travel plan as the cancellation charges are negligible. This is creating trouble to other fellow passengers who seriously plan to travel on given date (forcing him/her to block another stand by booking for his plan). I strongly believe increasing the cancellation charges (to a significant amount) will make all passengers think more seriously before they block their ticket and will reduce the un-wanted booking transaction on reservation system.

2) Web link update: I would like to see our new reservation link "https://www.irctc.co.in" updated in all related websites such as "indianrail.gov.in etc ?  I believe it is big shame on our country to not have our ONLY railway URL not published correctly across all sites/search pages  !!

3) Killer foot-steps: Technology and metal science has evolved for years, but still our Indian Railway board those HARD steel foot steps (I am scared even to look at those steps) which kills many passengers every year. Can't we upgrade them to a better metal and may be with a spring action to save the passenger who falls between rail and platform. Just my thought.

Regards
Kumar
zakirhussain786012's picture

unreserved tickets through internet.

up
155 users have liked.
Sir,   I undersigned request you that general class train travelling tickets (unreserved tickets) and railway platform tickets can be made through internet also. We are facing lots of problems at railway stations for getting general class (unreserved) and platform tickets. There is always a long queue. Government should considered this problem and take possible necessary steps for solving it. The general class (unreserved) or platform tickets can be generated through internet services like irctc or any authorized agency and e-ticket having certain key details of the passenger so that fake tickets cannot be done. Like 1. Name of the passenger 2. Valid photo identity card no. for e.g. PAN card no. The travelling ticket examiner or checker should have modern electronic gadgets connected with internet or having soft information detais from which tickets cross checking can be done and a fake or right ticket/passenger can be judged. If it is implemented a lady faces problems for getting a unreserved ticket at railway station in front of railway ticket counters can be solved out. Thanking u. Zakir hussain surat, gujarat. Mob-9724301720
zakir hussain
mvpdop2013's picture

Agent booking

up
167 users have liked.

Sir

agents book tickets 120 days advance and return tickets on last day

it is better if agent tickets returned two days earlier as it help tatkal passangers

others passangers who travel for emergencies on last moment

mvpdop2013's picture

train tickets

up
172 users have liked.

It will be more transpernet if tickets blocked by agents also visible in Availabitly  reports

zakirhussain786012's picture

unreserved and platform tickets through internet.

up
171 users have liked.

Sir,

I undersigned request that general class train travelling tickets (unreserved tickets) and railway platform tickets can be made through internet also. We are facing lots of problems at railway stations for getting general class (unreserved) and platform tickets. There is always a long queue. Passengers sometimes faces foul language from the ticket distributor in change of rupees while ticketing at windows. The general class (unreserved) or platform tickets can be generated through internet services like irctc or any authorized agency and e-ticket having certain key details of the passenger so that fake tickets cannot be done. Like 1. Name of the passenger 2. Valid photo identity card no. for e.g. PAN card no. The travelling ticket examiner or checker should have modern electronic gadgets connected with internet or having soft information detais from which tickets cross checking can be done and a fake or right ticket/passenger can be judged. If it is implemented a lady faces problems for getting a unreserved ticket at railway station in front of railway ticket counters can be solved out.

Thanking u
Zakir hussain

zakir hussain
A.V.Venkataraman's picture

Resources,Modrenisation ,improvement in service

up
146 users have liked.

I see from the budget, Railways has an ambitious plan to expand ,Modrenisation and provide better service to passengers.In this respect money will be main problem.Following are some of suggestions to get fund without govt investing.

1.   Like BHEL and other public sectors Railways can float shares which can beTraded.

2.    Railways can issue public bonds,paying interest rates 15% or more and exemption from IT for a period of 5to 10 years without any ceiling on upper limit

3.  The collection of fund can be left to  private agencies paying suitable commission

4.  Just like national highways,railways can allow private trains,collecting tax

5.  Big companies can adopt stations and maintain them as advertisement.

6.   In Bullet trains no concession to any category including MPs,MLAs,Railway employees on personal visits,senior citizens,physically challenged,freedom fighters etc,except patients for urgent treatment 

7.   In Shatabdi,Rajdhani trains all concessions as in 6. can be applied,since there are other trains to cater to the needs

The idea behind suggesting higher rate of interest is to attract people to invest inbonds rather than land or gold 

MODERNISATION

Introduction of high speed trains will require dedicated, strengthened tracks. Therefore along the full length of the line,walls or fencing to prevent animals,human being crossing and wild animals like elephants going across or lying on the line have to be constructed

Automatic/high speed signaling,watch on the driver to ensure drunk or un authorized activities in the cabin through wireless camera will have to be installed

Building of walls along the line wil also help installation of cameras along the track to keep watch on dacoity,subvertive activities

Obstruction on the line like trees,boulders falling during storm,rain etc can be detected thro' infrared cameras along the track which will also help unauthorized  activities watching from control room 

Installation of radars will help check speed of trains 

SERVICE

Today courtesy is very much wanting in Railways. Railway staff  have to be told that they exist because of passengers and politeness  is a necessity in their duty

In spite of best efforts by railways to prevent malpractices in allotting seats,still the staff find loopholes to circumvent and resort to underhand dealing 

Cleanliness in trains,stations,catering,waiting rooms,toilets in trains and stations makes passengers very repulsive apart from being unhygienic and prone to diseases.

The electrical fittings,leaky taps,damaged wash basins have to be attended periodically

The food served is beyond description in quality but charged very high and unhygienic 

It is heartening to note that Railways  is planning to address these areas for improvement and make rail journey a pleasure not pain

A.V.Venkataraman's picture

Issue of tickets

up
135 users have liked.

The reservation of tickets at the reservation counter though has been stream lined to a great extent still in peak seasons and peak hours paying  cash and issuing tickets takes time 

The railway staff at the end of the  shift or day has to handle large cash

There is also threat to cash from unscrupulous  elements.

Though credit card is accepted  by Railways it not being encouraged.If credit or debit card is given a token discount people will be attracted to use it and railways will benefit  by faster service

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | blog