Suburban Rail Portal - Inviting Suggestions!
I am sure, all of you must have seen an update from our friend Sanjeev on progress of Suburban Rail project. There is a likelihood that we could hear about the introduction of 1 or 2 services rolled out under this project proposal in next 2-3 months.
Considering the way how things are done in past by GOK, some of the Praja members have suggested to create a separate information portal on 'Bengaluru Suburban Rail', to disseminate information on existing suburban services (including long distance trains used for the local commute), project details, status updates, News, Proposed routes etc. I would like to take this opportunity to invite your support and suggestions for taking this endeavor forward.
To start with, please help us with,
- Your thoughts on this proposal to create this online portal. It's OK if you have any objections, pls say so and do not forget to put down a reason for the objections.
If majority agrees,
- what kind of information should this portal provide?
- What level of details it should have?
Here is the draft template for the Portal Home Page.
- Anybody who can help with site design specially the UI?
- Anybody who can help develop this site uisng the latest web technologies? Should support queries and database.
- Anybody who can help with graphics, animation and simulations?
- Anybody who can support with Kannada Version?
NOTE: Later when the project is in full swing, after the Phase-1A is launched, the site could be handed over to the SPV. The idea is to develop the site to become the official portal for BSRC like BMRC, BIAL etc.
Please respond by commenting on the discussion.