No Commuter Rail Proposal from GOK - PMO
"No proposal was received from Government of Karnataka to start the Commuter Rail Service in Bangalore" was the reply from Prime Minister's office to a RTI query.
Often we criticize the central government for their lack of interests in infrastructure projects in Karnataka State. "Step motherly" treatment is the phrase often we hear. Here is an instance of state's disinterest in pursuing Namma Railu aka CRS project for Bengaluru.
The RTI in question had been filed to get the copies of communication between GOI and GOK regarding the GOK's proposal to start the Namma Railu Service in Bangalore. These are the questions that were asked to PMO via the RTI:
- Has Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) received any representation from Government of Karnataka for starting the Commuter/Suburban Rail Service project for Bangalore city?
- If yes, please provide a copy of the communications between Govt of Karnataka and PMO.
- If yes, what action has been taken by PMO and the current status?
- If yes, has the PMO taken up this matter with Ministry of Railways or Railway Board for their perusal?
- If yes, has the PMO received any response from other ministries and departments regarding their decision in this matter?
- Copy of all the communication between PMO and other ministries and department concerning the Commuter/Suburban Rail Service project for Bangalore city.