Skip to Content

Videographing / Video recording of traffic on Lalitha Mahal Road on June 19

On Wed, June 17, 2009, I did the manual counting of vehicular traffic on the Lalitha Mahal Road between 17:04 to 17:35 hours by standing mid-way/in between the Sangolli Rayanna (Chamundi Hill) Circle and the Lalitha Mahal Road.

The total number of vehicles (approximate figure) that passed through this road was 812. Initially I'd tried categorising the vehicles into

01) Heavy Goods Vehicles or HGVs or lorries (carrying goods)
02) Heavy Traffic Vehicles or HTVs or Buses (carrying passengers)
03) Medium Goods Vehicles or MGVs or Vans/Tempos (carrying goods)
04) Medium Traffic Vehicles or MTVs or Vans/Tempos (carrying passengers)
05) Cars, Jeeps or four wheelers
06) Luggage Autos/Autorickshaws
07) Passenger Autos/Autorickshaws
08) Bikes, Scooters or two wheelers
09) Cycles/Bicycles

But I was unsuccessful, as this can't be done manually by a single person, as he's very much likely to lose count of the vehicular traffic.

Sangolli Rayanna (Chamundi) circle seems to be the ideal spot for videographing the vehicular traffic because if I get the vehicular traffic videographed between at the Lalitha Mahal Arch Gate the vested interests might say that the vehicle going towards or coming from Siddharthanagar (Vihara/Vihaara Marga) and the Chamundi Hills haven't been taken into account.

I'm very much likely to get the vehicular traffic on the Lalitha Mahal Road videographed between 05:00 PM to 06:00 PM on Friday, June 19, 2009 (God willing). In case it rains it's likely to be done on Saturday, June 20, 2009 (God willing).

Tanveer

Syed Tanveeruddin

Vasanthkumar Mysoremath's picture

CM's PARL.SECY/SE, MCC/Police/MUDA have given reports to DCF?

Source: Star of Mysore 19-6-09

Tanveer Bhai, your video coverage stats may be cited to counter the following:

According to SE, Mysore's report, total traffic per day - 40,670 vehicles

- morning rush 4,984 vehicles per hour

- evening rush 3,915 vehicles per hour

- His interpretation - according to Indian Road congress 4 lane road is necy.

- CM's Special Grant of Rs.100 crore to be spent for road widening and already Rs.5 crore contract has been given away.

- From this it is clear that it is not a JNNURM project that prescribes environmental protection as a pre-requisite.

Traffic Police report:

- 26 deaths in 9 years between 2000 and 2009

- 104 mishaps resulting in injuries to 107

- HE ALSO REPORTS THAT TILL TODATE (in 2009) NO DEATHS HAVE TAKEN PLACE ON THIS SO CALLED BUSY ROAD (Touch wood).

MUDA Asst.Engr. cites many residential layouts exist on this road - true or false?

- None of these warrant AXING of 134 decades old herbal and other trees.

http://mysore.praja.in/discuss/forums/2009/06/no-permission-cut-trees-boulevard

- Save nature for posterity.  ALTERNATES ARE AVAILABLE AND AUTHORITIES HAVE NECESSARY INFORMATION BUT THEY APPEAR TO BE HELL BENT ON DESTRUCTION OF SUCH VALUABLE CARBON SINKS.  THE ROOTS HAVE STORED ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF CARBON IN THEM;  IF THE TRUNKS ARE CUT, THE ROOTS WILL RELEASE THAT MUCH OF CARBON INTO ENVIRONMENT IN NO TIME. 

- THESE TREES ARE ALSO HOME FOR FLORA AND FAUNA - THEY WILL BE RENDERED HOMELESS.

- Vasanth Mysoremath

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum