Skip to Content

A 'corporate' Sarige ??

After reading a lot of discussions about the Rail Vajras and Vajra Vajyus, I was prompted to write this. Though I am a new comer to the forum, I have been a regular reader.

I feel BMTC must take an initiative to provide buses from popular residential localities and apartments towards the city center or the localities in the city with a high concentration of software and other companies (like koramangala, Indranagar, Airport Road etc).  
BMTC can conduct online surveys, distribute some written matter to all the company heads, use news papers or email groups to advertise this initiative. Once they get the results and after a study and careful analysis, they can plan the routes. These services can be clean ordinary parisara vahinis and I am sure that the people willing to use this will be more than happy since there is end to end connectivity and most of the co-passengers using this would being 'decent' and educated. They can charge a little higher if needed and run only during the peak hours in the morning and evenings and as regular BMTCs during the off peak hours. If BMTC fears a low patronage, they can even use mini buses to start off with. While I agree that no service can provide a 100% end to end connectivity for each and every individual, I am sure that such an initiative would be a good success, provided it is advertised well and if BMTC has a dedicated team for looking for suggestions and improvements.  Many such new initiatives whether good or bad, go unnoticed and lead to poor patronage and eventually fails. This I am sure would remove a few cars and 2 wheelers on the roads.

Thoughts anyone?? 

Thanks,
Sathyan
Vasanthkumar Mysoremath's picture

Aren't there enough end to end specials?

Peak Hour Services (PHS), Ladies Special,  destination oriented various residential specials eg., to Vidhana Soudha, Schools Special, Electronic City Specials (Pushpaks) and Volvos/Vajras/Big10s/HoHos?

Spoon feeding time is over...we must get up, go and make best use of the available resources instead of demanding and over exploiting the meagre road lengths and breadths by pushing more and more carbon spewing machines (everyday, 2000 vehicles are being registered in Bengaluru - but where are the roads for these vehicles?) 

- Try hop, skip and jump with your pass or else buy a Rs.30 daily ticket and keep moving from one end to the other and reach your destination at the earliest possible time.  I do it.

- Vasanth Mysoremath 

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum