Skip to Content

Baner Road - Safety concern

Tried to post this concern in the 'suggestion' portal of Pune Traffic Police, but apparently it is not functional. Was wondering if there is some one in Praja team who is in touch with Pune Traffic police on Safety issues ?

There is a water pipe line on the University-Baner road close to NCL housing colony gate and almost opposite the National Housing Society gate. Due to road expansion the pipeline is now well within the road width. With increase in traffic and especially during night this can be dangerous to vehicles moving on the left most track towards Baner.

Since shifting the pipe may not be easy, what could be done is to immediately apply a flourescent paint on the pipe line and perhaps try to instal a warning light.

silkboard's picture

no helpline or contact phone number?

I remember my Pune friends telling me that their is a phone number to call and tell these complaints and suggestions. Are you sure there are no phone numbers on their website?

anshub's picture

Become a SpARCs Citizen Leader to make our roads safer

Dear friends
India as a country is moving towards a glorious future.Road safety is one of the key obstacle in this growth path.
  • The World Bank estimates that every year road accidents cost India about 3 per cent of its gross domestic product which was more than $1 trillion in 2007
  • Road accidents could become the No. 3 public health issue in India by 2020, overtaking such deadly diseases as tuberculosis and AIDS, the World Bank predicts.
Special Association for Road Consciousness is an initiative to spread road safety awareness by informing Indians and bringing the change in attitude among masses towards sensible driving.SpARCS Citizen Leader Program passes the baton of road safety to all Indians by supporting and encouraging conscious citizens to spread awareness.We also recognize the efforts of citizen leaders and awards them through credit based award system
Regards
Anshumaan bajpai
Student, IIT kanpur
SpARCs citizen

bikram satpathi's picture

better Pune safer Pune

I want some info on EWaste disposal &handling in PUNE. Can some paja from Pune enlighten me.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum