Skip to Content

Bangalore Needs DIMTS like BIMTS

I was just going through DIMTS website. It is indeed a good move by Delhi Government irrespective of critics. I felt we need a similar organization in Bangalore (BIMTS). You can go through http://www.dimts.in/.
ramesh_mbabu's picture

Re:Bangalore Needs DIMTS like BIMTS

True, the monster railway will not be interested in implementing any mode of transport for intercity travelling, unless Benguluru gets an own railway minister. They have made it clear several times. Other wise there is no reason they rejecting the MRTS proposals for BLR when they have implemented bleeding Kolkata Metro & Chennai MRTS ( No disrespect for the need of those cities, just to point out how economic needs are overlooked by political needs). Mean while I hope BMLTA is a right step towards DIMTS like regulator. Murali would love DIMTS initiatives in bringing organized private players into providing bus services.

Ramesh.

silkboard's picture

Before DIMTS like thing ...

The city needs some real autonomy. While Kasturirangan committee is being debated for Bangalore, I have felt that large city and adjoining regions should be like Union Territories or City states - basically some form of real autonomy, fiscal as well as administrative. Look how Delhi has performed and see where Mumbai has gone in past 10-15 years in terms of infrastructure. The difference perhaps is autonomy.

Local governance reforms is the right and best way forward. The right things don't happen not because BBMP, BMTC, BDA etc don't coordinate (thats the justification for new bodies like BMLTA). Right things don't happen because elected urban bodies don't have real power, and their are either gaps, or overlaps of jurisdiction amongst the various elected and non elected bodies that exist. Mayor, BBMP and its commissioner, Minister for Bangalore, MLA, MP, chief Minister projecting Bangalore as the jewel for KA state, non local MLAs with interests in Bangalore - there are just too many people in the mix, so many that you don't have the single neck to choke or praise for any issue. The arrangement is convenient for elected leaders as well as the babus, step in when its time for credit, step out when its time for blame.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum