Skip to Content

Results of 10th and 12th standard examination

In last few weeks the results of standard 10th and 12th have been announced by the Maharashtra State Board.  Congratulations to all the students who achieved ranks.

However one thing I noticed was that the overall passing percentage has been really high.  In various section boards I have seen as high as 90% passing rate.  This sounds really great.  When I graduated back in the 1990's, I remember the passing percentage used to be in 50-60% range.  Does this mean students these days are harder working and diligent and preparing well for the competitive exams or generally the board has reduced the standards?

I would like to think the former is true...however law of averages points to the later being true...

Would like to hear more opinions.  

tsubba's picture

that is some rate

wow! 90% that is some rate of passing! congrats to the kids. is MH still persisting with the marathi medium schools? what is the scene there now? when i was in pune i observed that many kids from middle class too went to marathi medium schools.

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum