Yesterday's incident with 'vasanth' has brought this issue of 'pedesterian crossings' to be of top priority and it need urgent help. I am starting this thread to initiate the discussion for your esteem inputs. I am also hoping that thsi discussion will result in comping up of atleast few Ped-Xings at main juntions. This definietely needs a lot help from other quarters like sponsorships, PPP initiatives, BBMP co-operation and Citizen watchdog groups etc. the way I look at it, there are no 2 opinions about need for hassle free PED-Xings. So lets'
1. Let's discuss and agree on type of PED-Xings and its perfect use.
2. Let's make a list of all junctions where the PED-Xings/SykWalks are absolute necessary
3. Details of a Skywalk/Ped-Crossings in terms of cost, implementation and time it needs.
4. Discussion on ways to maintain it
5. Discussion on way to get financial sponsorship from Private sector or PPP model
6. BBMP's role and its co-operation.
Hoping that this initiative would find the right kind of support and help.