Skip to Content

Replace Indica with Nano for Call Centre and Office Drop off Vehicles

Call Centre and IT companies pickup and drop off vehicle's menance are increasing day by day. Most of the companies use Inidicab for pickup and drop off of their staff. Inicab which is India is a very powerful vehicle, although safe for insiders,if not handled safely will lead to fatal accidents of 2 wheelers and pedestrains. 

2 days back, an Indicab touched my elbow from backside when I was driving a 2 wheeler. The cab driver was very fast and maneouvering the peak hour traffic in the traffic hit areas almost "hitting" other cars and 2 wheelers. Pedestrains who were about to cross road stepped back after seeing this Indicab. Driver was just around 16-18 year old boy who didn't had a full grown moustache on his face.  

Indica is a very powerful vehicle with around 65bhp power and 1,300 cc engine as well as power steering which enables 'easier manoevouribility'. This when given to in decent andd irresponsible driver, others on the road are at a risk. Most of the drivers of call centres are very young and not so socially responsible and cary for others. They just want to move fast and reach the destination.

A Tata Nano with 650cc engine and non-powerful engine should be enough to operate the call centre staff instead of Indicab. This will reduce the speed All the Indicabs should be used only for intercity travel. Many staff as well as other people may disagree with me saying that it might not be that comfort and the delay will be more to travel since Nano is not as powerful as Indica, but, in public interest, this should be done after the Nano is released. Nano will occupy less space, less powerful (35 bhp equivalent to M800 should be fairly enough for Bangalore) and no powersteering (with powersteering, they will manuoveur left and right like anything) will make our roads more safer.

I also have seen many Qualis, Sumo and Tempo Travellers being driven recklessly. I would suggest Tata Magic with Hard Top as a replacement to Qualis and Sumo to ferry employees should be fairly enough within the city.

Drivers of the call centres and office pickup vehicles are not socially responsible. I am not saying fully, but majority. More powerful vehicles into their hands will result in more and more fatal accidents.

tsubba's picture

capacity?

vasanth, what about capacity? i am guessing about max 4 or 5 can take nano? but i agree with your basic point, just to transport a handful of humans that is way too much power and energy.

Tata Magic is being slowly inducted

The Tata Magic is more ergonomic than the Tata Sumo. I see a lot of new cabs for call centres using the Tata Magic these days.

While switching to higher capacity vehicles (like the Tata Magic) in the short run is good, in the long term making the IT / ITeS use public transport like the Metro / BMTC is the best option.

Provision can be made to use private transport like cabs after 10.30 pm or before 7.30 AM 

blrsri's picture

winger is better?

magic looks like built on the ace platform..however winger with a 2L engine and capacity to take 12-13 ppl is something that can replace the 8 seater taveras and sumos..

Praja.in comment guidelines

Posting Guidelines apply for comments as well. No foul language, hate mongering or personal attacks. If criticizing third person or an authority, you must be fact based, as constructive as possible, and use gentle words. Avoid going off-topic no matter how nice your comment is. Moderators reserve the right to either edit or simply delete comments that don't meet these guidelines. If you are nice enough to realize you violated the guidelines, please save Moderators some time by editing and fixing yourself. Thanks!

about seo | forum