Recently I was searching how we can help ourselves to understand and try to beat the traffic problems. I have found interesting Andriod Apps. While I neither working for these companies nor I want to promote these one, I think it is worthy for Prajagalu to have look at these apps.
1. Waze Social GPS and Traffic .(Click the left link to read more /install Andriod App)
This app actually reports traffic situation while you are move (hands-free, so safe). Traffic Speed and other data are uploaded automatically. Additionally accidents etc can be reported manually, if you are stuck. As the system is based on crowdsourcing, the more people get involved, the better the collaboration
So I would request all Praja's who have Andriods and wish to participate.
2. DailyRoads Voyager.(Click the left link to read more /install Andriod App)
This is another nice/worthy Andriod app for all Praja's here. The features :
1) Automatically photos are taken and geotagged (location data attached to pics)
2) Optionally video is taken and geotagged.
3) Your travel speed also recorded
4) Optionally the photo can be uploaded automatically in real time to web site (http://dailyroads.com)
The records can be used in many ways : like a rememberance of your travel , in case of accidents etc.
Kindly comment your experience once you install/use these apps. I am sure it will be of great help for all of us ! If you are sharing your user names, we can start working together right away for beating Bangalore Traffic !
Good luck to me and you :)