The two media links below are fairly self explanatory of what can be called a potentiol ecologocal disaster right here in banglore. The strories of bellandur lake are based on an IISc report that is attached to this post.
- Kiadb and karnataka udyog mitra single window) have allotted about 80 acres in the belandur lake bed area for a dubious project.
- The companies allotted are manipal ETA( which has sushil mantri as a director) and coremind.
- Project is of huge malls, many residential cpomplexes and an sez and commercial complexes. LOoks more ;like a real estate development than any industrial venture.
- The land in the BDA masterplan 2015 is termed "sensitive" area.In previous cdps these were parks /public utiliies etc.
- KIadb act seesm to supersede all other local bodies, rasinig questions of validity of local giovernment, elected reps etc.
- BDA/BBMP have not been consulted in the project or land which lies very much in BDA planning are and BBMP municipal limits.
- The water requirement of the project is more than whatisi currently available for koramangla and HSR.
- Bwssb has not given clearance but the project is going on.
- Coremind has not got environmental clearance but work on the ground goes on.
- Even the terms of the KIADB allotment seems to have been violated ... raj akalves encoraoched , topograpghy of region changed, local autrhorities not consulted etc.
- The project envisages 14000vehicles parking space!!
- Belandur lake ..be damned..