It was in news recently that the road laid by BMRCL around cubbon road after it opened is not of good quality and BBMP was planning to discuss the same with BMRC. This is being done because it is stipulated that relaying roads worked on by metro is to be done by BMRCL itself..
However considering and appreciating that BMRC expertise needs to be limited to building and running metro only, it should be a good move to involve TenderSURE practices while relaying roads touched by meto . This way we can have very good roads around metro lines in the city. Also this will lead to the following:
- Pedestrian facilities are improved(needed to better metro ridership)
- cyclists and wheel chair borne folks get space
- Road width normalization(St Marks road has proved well that TenderSURE works!)
- Better chance to plan PT/Bus integration
- No more digging/maintenance needed for cables/utilities. This will ensure that BMRC interests are safeguarded.
So, BRMCL can payup for the tenderSURE roads and this way BBMP also has very good roads to maintian!
Its a win-win plan for all!