Vinay mailed these over, provisional data on Karnataka from 2011 Census. Thought it would be worth sharing at this data hungry portal.
Somethings that caught my eye
- Population density of Bangalore district, 2001: 2985, NOW? 4378
Any correlation here?
- Any district where population density did not increase? Yes, Chikmagalur the only one, 158 then, 158 now! Kodagu, almost, 134 then, 135 now!
- Districts that turned the sex ration around? 2! Kodagu from 996 females/1000 males in 2001 to 1019 now! And Chikamagalur, from 984 then, to 1005 now.
Literacy and child population, any correlation?
- Lowest Literacy rate? Yadgir, Raichur
- Highest percentage of population in age group 0-6? Yadgir (1st), Raichur (3rd). Koppal spoils this correlation (2nd)
Numbers are always fascinating, aren't they.
|Provisional Population Totals 2011 Karnataka_Tables.xls||163.5 KB|