Following are some of the Demands / Memorandums submitted by our Elected Representatives to Railway Minister for Karnataka for the Budget 2010-11
1. Request of Law Minister M Veerappa Moily for including the 120 km Yelahanka - Penugonda new line project in the coming Railway Budget. to Railway Minister. Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee who has promised to make provision for a 120-km new railway line between Yelahanka and Penugonda at a cost of Rs 212 crore in this year’s railway Budget
2. New Trains Requested : To introduce folloing new trains : Bijapur-Mangalore via Gadag-Arasikere-Hassan-Sakleshpur route, Solapur-Mangalore (with AC coaches), Bangalore-Goa via Mangalore-Udupi-Karwar, Mumbai Chatrpati Shivaji Terminus-Mangalore through the Konkan Railway Sector, and a daily train between Bangalore and Nelamangala
3. Developing Railway Stations : To develop Yelahanka, a 'D category' station near Bangalore, as a model station. The area had become part of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palika (BBMP) and happened to be the nearest railway station to Bangalore International Airport. Similarly, Devanahalli, Chikkaballapur, Gowribidanur and Doddaballapur stations should be developed as model stations,
4. New Divisional Railway Headquarter : Demand for locating the Divisional Railway headquarters in Gulbarga & including it under the South Western Railway http://www.thehindu.com/2010/02/02/stories/2010020252110300.htm
5. Other New Train Introducing : Proposal to introduce a new train between Solapur and Bangalore city via Gulbarga, Guntakal and other station
6. Demands by our Other MPs : Union Minister for Labour and Employment M. Mallikarjun Kharge and former Chief Minister N. Dharam Singh had submitted detailed memoranda pertaining to the demands of Karnataka.
7. Ten New Project Proposals by Karnataka State Govt : Mr Jandhan Reddy had informed that 5 new project proposal will be submitted to center for the coming budget out of 10
Can any one has idead about the Point No1: 120 km Yelahanka - Penugonda new line project. How much is useful for the Karnataka state. Then imagine how much budget will be allocated ( Rs 215 Crore required ). Then others on-going projects may not get sufficient funds in this budget, its again going to be Congress MP's from Karnataka vs BJP MP's, who will win?????
Point -6 Why our elected representative are not giving brief about the Demnads submitted to Railway Minister.
What about other MP's, did any other MP's submit Demand / Memorandums to Railway Minister???
Can Praja memebers throw the light on the coming budget. We has discussed lot on CRS / Local Train for Bangalore, Local Train for Mysore, Hubli-Dharwad, Vision for Karnataka Railway. We need to put thme into some action.