We are a group of two Electronics Engineers working from past several months on building a GTI (Grid Tie Inverter).
The system is made up of only the Solar panel and Electronics. The power generated from the Solar panel is processed by the electronics and fed to the connected Grid. All the Electronics was locally developed. We have our first 240W prototype (240Wp + Electronics, No batteries) presently in testing stage. To take this forward to a commercial product, we had a set of questions.
- Is it mandatory to get MNRE approval of our GTI ?
- What is the procedure for getting MNRE approval ?
- What are the costs involved in getting our GTI tested/certified by CPRI ?
- How much time does the certification process take ?
- We here a lot about State/Central Govt. subsidies for people investing in roof top solar PV,
what are the requirements to avail this subsidy ?
- Do we need permision from BESCOM to install this GTI ?