The Joint Commissioner Sri Venkateshappa KAS along with Mr. PM John executive Engineer were held up at Mandur. As a result the meet started an hour late. Mr. A Ravindra Advisor Urban Affairs to CM Karnataka chaired the session along with Sri Ramamurthy Secretary, CCRWA and Sri Venkateshappa.
Mr. Ravindra briefly touched upon the role of the coordinating committee of RWAs which interacts closely with BBMP as facilitator for the resident community of the city. The main points mentioned were
- Roads with potholes and non existent foot paths.
- Commercialization of residential areas
- Media partners like City plus
- Compiled grievances from associations and residents
- Janaagraha and City plus also participated
Mr. Y. M. Chauhan of city plus has been involved with CCRWA since five years. His main contribution is in community relationship.
Mr. SNS Murthy mentioned about the mind boggling list of problematic issues raised by 4 wards extending into a wide area. The raisings hopes of the community showed in the good attendance in the days meeting. Mr. Murthy dwelt on importance of
- Time frames for solutions
- Monthly Review meetings
Problem areas are plenty
- Pot holes
- Missing Man hole covers
- Empty sites
- Street lights
- Choked Storm water drains with dumping
- Blatant Building violations
- Car Parking
From the BBMP side the door to door Garbage collection needs to be streamlined. The problems are
- Non existence of rules / supervision.
- Mixing of segregated Garbage
- Schedule of Garbage collection of wet / dry garbage not / yet to be followed
High court stipulated 1995 Master plan if being violated will attract contempt action. Let not Bangalore become a “Benda Kalu ooru!”
A few residents were given the opportunity to share their experiences. Col Janaki Ram Reddy and some others spoke briefly.
- Unused under pass
- Sign Boards
- Bore well water wasting
- Night Operations
Sri Venkateshappa,K.A.S Joint Commissioner, BBMP(East)
Mr. V only talked about Mandur Landfill problem justifiably so. He apparently had a list of priorities. The main worry seemed to be the inadequacy of Mandur Dumping yard. He will be reviewing the situation in 3 months. BBMP is looking forward to Guidance from Ravindra and his team. He also talked about
- Ward level meetings
- Once a month review meetings
- First Monday of every month
- Keep in touch with SMS etc
- Sakala web site info
I could only make out that some developments would be visible in a months time.