Happy new year to all our Praja members and friends. Wishing you all a prosperous and fruitful 2015.
The budget session of parliament will commence from 3rd week of February. In the past also Praja has tried to put forward a vision for Railways in Karnataka to our politicians before and after the budget. Our esteem members Sanjeev, Muralidhar, Pranav and others do participate in Budget discussion on TV programs and many journalist do approach these gentlemen for their reaction to the budget announcements. This year we do plan to approach it differently.
The plan is,
- Crowd source suggestions/wishes here @ Praja.in, that they would like railways to consider in the budget
- Make a final list of wishes
- Distribute the same to MPs from city and Karnataka state
- Send it across to Railway Minister
- Copy to News Media
Here is the list from my side,
- Approval for GOK's proposal to implement Namma Railu
- Participation in Namma Railu SPV and agreement to share 50% equity in the SPV
- Doubling & Quadrupling of lines coming into the Bengaluru city,
- Electrification of all lines
- Replace existing signaling into Modern Signaling
- Creation of more coaching and maintenance stations outside city limits
- Completion of all ROB/RUBs across Namma Railu network
- Shifting of all long distance train departures and arrivals from Bangalore city outisde of the office hours
- Building more suburban halt stations across city
- Upgrade of all suburban halt station with decent passenger amenities.
- Plan and approval for 100% inter-state connectivity
- Doubling and Electrification of all the existing and new lines.
- Replacement of existing signaling system with modern signaling system.
- Increase in inter-state trains
- Train connectivity from all the district headquarters to Bengaluru, Mysore and Mangaluru
I will now open the floor for gathering your wishes for railways in Karnataka. Pls feel free to add to the list.