As promised, a dear friend of us, Prof. Rajeev Gowda, Rajya Sabha MP has reached out to the NW Railway Minister Shri. Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi on last Friday Dec 12, 2014.
In Prof. Rajeev Gowda's words,
I had a good meeting with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Friday afternoon (along with Ramprasad). I will send some pictures later. The Chairman of the Railway Board, Arunendra Kumar was present throughout our meeting and I requested him for his support also.
The key takeways:
1. Suresh Prabhu says that he is supportive of the idea of Namma Railu
2. He is willing to push for a Special Purpose Vehicle for Namma Railu. I requested him to ensure that intermediate steps are also taken so that we do not need to wait for the SPV to start functioning.
3. I told him that we could have some trains start to function right away and that we are working with the SWR Bangalore people on that; he said that he would be happy to support that step too.
4. In response to my request to engage with the state government, he said he had already reached out to CM Siddaramaiah on working together
5. When I told him about Rail Day he said he would also join us on the occasion. Let's plan for that.
Thaak you so much Prof. Rajeev for your efforts in reaching out to Railway Minister. Hope GOK now will take those necessary steps to reach out to Railways and get the approvals needed.