So the much awaited state budget for 2013-14 by Congress government is out. It is still very early into budget announcements to make a real sense of each of these announcements.
Going by Deccan Herald's live blog, here is the list for Bangalore.
Source - Deccan Herald
- Rs 2250 crores allocated for peripheral ring road.
- Arkavathy Layout sites to be allotted by March, 2014.
- Rs 600 crores BDA complex at RT Nagar.
- Rs 4150 crores JNNURM projects in Bangalore and Mysore.
- To develop International Convention Centre at Devanahalli.
- M G Road and Brigade roads to get wi-fi.
- Kempe Gowda layout to be formed by March, 2014 for 5000 allotees.
- Bangalore Suburban Rail Corporation to be set up soon.
- Indian Institute of Public Health to come up in Bangalore.
- All RTO offices in Bangalore to be computerised.
- Four more RTO offices in Bangalore.
- Rs 150 crore allotted for elevated road between Jayadeva Hospital and Silk Board.
- Rs 250 crores allotted for developing infrastructure in 110 villages that has been added to BBMP.
- 1.6 lakh saplings to be planted at a cost of Rs 20 crores.
- Sarjapur and Bannerghata roads to be widened at a cost of Rs 300 crores.
- Rs 500 crores earmarked for grade separators at important junctions.
Prajagale, there is a reason to celebrate. The much discussed topic of commuter rail service for Bengaluru, finally seems to have made into official announcement. Again, coming days we will find out what this really means in real sense.